Work Package no. 10 – Dissemination of results
WP 10 focuses on the dissemination of research results, both for academic and general public.
- Raising awareness about the problem by explaining the need to limit intolerant discourse and hate speech for the online through consistent research data;
- Familiarising the public (end-users) with the project “Less Hate, More Speech” and presenting the benefits that those media entities that participated have felt.
- A project website and blog where articles were published;
- “Less Hate, More Speech” online badges for media partners in the project;
- Information materials: brochures and hand-outs;
- Official launch of the project at IceeFest 2015, one of the biggest digital festivals in Central and Eastern Europe;
- 3 online quizzes for journalists, bloggers and the general public that tested their abilities at moderating comments;
- One PR activity with “Less Hate, More Speech” ambassadors;
- One conference organised in Romania at the end of the project;
- Presenting the project and its results at 15 events, conferences, debates, both local and international, and in 9 interviews on national and international media outlets;
- One video-infographic presenting project activities and results of the whole project;
- One infographic: Moderation Timeline.
Less Hate, More Speech – Youngsters Get Involved!
The project is run by Median Research Centre (MRC) in partnership with Educ Association and targets young people between 12 and 17 years old, in order to help them better identify and react to online and offline hate speech.
More, on the project’s website.