WORK PACKAGE no. 9 – Concluding analyses
WORK PACKAGE no. 9 brings together the various project components to draw conclusion regarding how and to what extent mass media and party politicians can facilitate by simple and feasible means a pro-democratic and tolerant discourse about social and political issues among citizens.
- One data set on content analysis of online commentary on media websites;
- One academic paper about the durability of the effects of moderation on citizens’ online commentary and their participation in the latter: “Public interest or public interests? The impact of journalistic choices on engagement and incivility on Facebook“;
- One academic paper about the patterns of interaction between anti-democratic and intolerant discourses among party elites, journalists and citizens: “Ethnocentrism, economic anxiety and framing effects: The rejection of refugees in Romania“;
- One academic paper about the influence of partisanship and media consumption on citizens’ anti-democratic and intolerant discourses: “From othering to the denial of basic rights of fellow citizens. An exploration of political intolerance in Romania“;
- Draft book manuscript: “Less Hate, More Speech – how can norms of civility and tolerance be institutionalised online in a socially and politically polarized new democracy and media system“;
- Presentations of research findings for the wider public.
Less Hate, More Speech – Youngsters Get Involved!
The project is run by Median Research Centre (MRC) in partnership with Educ Association and targets young people between 12 and 17 years old, in order to help them better identify and react to online and offline hate speech.
More, on the project’s website.
Proiectul Media Resource: Jurnaliștii lucrează cu ONG-iștii este un model de colaborare-prototip între jurnaliști și experții din ONG-uri și are ca scop includerea acestei expertize în reportajele și investigațiile jurnaliștilor pentru a contracara vocile constante ale analiștilor "omniscienți" care se pronunță indiferent de domeniu. Vezi toate reportajele!