WORK PACKAGE no. 6 – Factors influencing intolerant speech
WORK PACKAGE no. 6 conducts interviews with Romanian journalists regarding their views about the moderation of online commentary on popular media pages, collects expert survey data on media information quality in Romania and Norway, and analyses the impact of media characteristics and editorial practices on public discourse.
- One research note on editorial policies and journalistic norms on anti-democratic and intolerant discourse in Romania: “Editorial policies and views on online anti-democratic intolerant discourse. Terms and conditions for user generated content in Romania.”
- One European Media Systems Survey (EMSS) survey – third wave data set;
- One research report on EMSS;
- One working paper on editorial policies and practices and journalists’ views about practices regarding anti-democratic and intolerant discourse: “Managing the comments section: terms, conditions and procedures. Romania in comparative perspective.”
- One working paper on the relation between media system characteristics, information quality and anti-democratic and intolerant discourse: “The presence of anti-democratic, intolerant, and discriminatory attitudes and behaviour in different media contexts: a comparative analysis.”
Less Hate, More Speech – Youngsters Get Involved!
The project is run by Median Research Centre (MRC) in partnership with Educ Association and targets young people between 12 and 17 years old, in order to help them better identify and react to online and offline hate speech.
More, on the project’s website.
Proiectul Media Resource: Jurnaliștii lucrează cu ONG-iștii este un model de colaborare-prototip între jurnaliști și experții din ONG-uri și are ca scop includerea acestei expertize în reportajele și investigațiile jurnaliștilor pentru a contracara vocile constante ale analiștilor "omniscienți" care se pronunță indiferent de domeniu. Vezi toate reportajele!