WORK PACKAGE no. 1 – Research design
WORK PACKAGE no. 1 synthesizes propositions found in the diverse and segmented research literatures dealing with contextual determinants, behavioural and attitudinal effects of (a) intolerance towards minorities and disliked actors and (b) deliberation and uncivil talk among citizens; and undertakes a computer-assisted, automated collection and coding of online comments on national and local news media websites in Romania.
- One codebook for the content analysis of anti-democratic intolerant discourse among citizens in Romanian online media;
- One theory-driven research brief based on a fresh and comprehensive literature review regarding the state of the art in the international scholarly literature;
- One integrated software (web crawler and data processor);
- One final data set on Period 1 online comments;
- One working paper on anti-democratic intolerant discourse among citizens in online commentary in Romania.
Less Hate, More Speech – Youngsters Get Involved!
The project is run by Median Research Centre (MRC) in partnership with Educ Association and targets young people between 12 and 17 years old, in order to help them better identify and react to online and offline hate speech.
More, on the project’s website.
Proiectul Media Resource: Jurnaliștii lucrează cu ONG-iștii este un model de colaborare-prototip între jurnaliști și experții din ONG-uri și are ca scop includerea acestei expertize în reportajele și investigațiile jurnaliștilor pentru a contracara vocile constante ale analiștilor "omniscienți" care se pronunță indiferent de domeniu. Vezi toate reportajele!